Sunday, June 30, 2013

In Search of The Dream Catcher - Cover Art Chosen

I am very excited about the cover art we've chosen for In Search of The Dream Catcher. It took a lot of back and forth conversation, trying to figure out which way I wanted to go, but ultimately I think the correct decision was made. We've not worked the cover together yet so we're not doing a release at the moment. We want to play with lettering and see what we want to do with it from there.

Once the cover is ready to go, we will do an official release so everyone can have a look at it. With so much work going on, sometimes it's hard to decide what to work on next. Hopefully, if all goes according to plan, all the books will be set with cover art and all editing done no later than October so we can do a real push for them before their release. While we'd been looking at a release sometime around Christmas, we are exploring options to move the release to sometime in Early December or even late November. We are going to make sure we get all the leg work done first before we set anything in stone. We don't want to rush this since it will be a massive release. We want it to be perfect. It won't be obviously, but we hope we do this the right way.

Some people have expressed concern over our releasing five books at one time, but I'm not worried about it. I've made it no secret that I am not a fan of cliffhangers where I have to wait months and in some cases years to see the resolution. By releasing all the books at one time we are avoiding that issue.

As the day of release draws closer, I am getting more and more excited. I don't know what will happen once all the books are out there. I just hope that my years of hard work will pay off for me in more ways than one.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment