Friday, February 4, 2011

Disappointed

"Winter Storm Warning!"

That's all i heard for days here in Corpus Christi. I was pretty jazzed not at the possibility at missing school cause I am so the nerd and wanted to go regardless, but at the thought of having real snow and ice accumulations so I could go out and photograph it all. What I got was the biggest let down and I am a tad annoyed. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes because this is just CC and not Austin. I know, people will say "Go back to Austin then!" I am planning to so do worry about that. Either that or some place up north. I can hear the ice melting from the tree branches and tapping the roof from time to time, but it was nothing like I experienced up in Austin. There is nothing quite like seeing a 2 foot thick slab of ice covering the sidewalk or a good foot of snow on the ground. I know up north its much thicker and to be honest, I wanted that. I knew it wouldn't get like that here, but a guy can hope.

I was looking forward to the meteorological equivalent to the apocalypse. All I got was a half melted Slurpee. They talked it up so much, saying accumulation was going to be massive for our part of the country. I guess 1/10th of an inch is massive for us then. So much for a great day of photos. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Weather Terrorists. Everything needs to be doom and gloom to keep people watching. I remember last spring there was a storm with possibility of a tornado. My wife was watching the weather (which I refuse to watch if I want to know what the weather is I will go outside.) I remember hearing these guys hype it up like it was going to be the end times. The worst that happened was lots of rain and thunder.

    ReplyDelete