Sunday, January 30, 2011

Idea Farm

I know it's very premature to even think of a third book seeing as how I am still editing the first. I couldn't help but come up with a few ideas for what will be the third in my series however and I am outlining this one as well. For all I know it may not become anything, but I have a feeling it will. It will be a story that shifts focus a little from my main character to a character that was supposed to be a only have a supporting role. While writing the first book, the character took on a life of her own and became more than I could have ever imagined and I am very happy that she did. She will become a main and even, at times, a leading player in the second book and very much so in the third. I will not be developing her very much in the 2nd installment, however she will see some much deserved fan service in the third. It will focus on her life and the path she took to where she will be soon be and the friendship that she has managed to forge with my protagonist.

All of this is very exciting for me and I am so pleased with the fact that I am still able to come up with what I feel are terrific ideas for these characters as I have found myself getting closer to them. While I could have ended their story in the first book, I am glad I chose to keep things going as I've discovered many of them still have a lot to say.





No comments:

Post a Comment