Sunday, August 14, 2011

Emily Martin Update

Writing this book is among the hardest things I've ever done. Not even through the first draft and I am having difficulty with making scenes work. Could also be that I have been in constant pain these last few weeks. The words are coming just fine, but I have had to stop numerous times due to pain. Even with meds, it's very hard to deal with. At least once a day I just turn everything off and just lie in bed and hope it will stop hurting. I've contemplated calling for help, but it's pointless. They'll just charge me $3k for a shot and tell me there is nothing they can do. I've been looking into free clinics to see if I can at least get into a pain management program, but not many in this area of the state. Still, I just keep on chugging away, trying to get this book done all while planning for school, looking for work, and trying to get my name out there so people might take notice.

The story has taken some interesting turns and things I didn't initially think of have made it into the work. Some of them are very good, others not so good and will probably be cut. I try to make it a habit not to do much if any cutting while I am writing because it distracts me from the work. Anyway, I have already come across a public domain photo for the cover. Hope you enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment