Friday, July 1, 2011

Hitting a Snag

For a few weeks when it came to writing, I was unstoppable. I knew I'd eventually hit a lull and here it is. Not exactly sure why, but last night just could not get myself to work on the latest chapter as far as revising. I've found that when I push myself to do something when I don't have my heart in it, the work doesn't look or sound good and the overall story suffers. Rather than making myself do this, I will just wait till the inspiration hits me again.

I keep thinking that when I am done with this saga or maybe even before that I will up and leave Texas which is something I want to do anyway. I could never return to Texas and be just fine with it. I've gotten an offer to get setup in Minnesota and who knows, I may just accept that offer. Been looking at Virginia as well, but haven't heard much back on that front so I don't know. All I know is I've had my fill of Texas life and think it's time to move on.

4 comments:

  1. great! I set up a wordpress account (so this is me, Rodney, the MinneapolisMuckraker)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Richard. Life has a way of working itself out. Be open to the positivity around you and your door will open. Sounds hokey, but look for the light and you will find it:-)

    ReplyDelete