Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Venus as a Boy

Chapter two looks like it is going to be much longer than chapter 1...at least at the moment. I know there are a lot more details I can add to chapter one, but I wanted to get the general idea down first before it slipped my mind. Since I am kinda playing chapter 2 by ear, I am throwing in a lot more detail, lots of descriptive text. If school has helped me with anything up to this point, its that while my previous writing is good, I can be a ton better. Getting the story out was never the issue, but apparently I thought too much like a man at time. As Dave Chappelle once said "A man cares about 5 things...who, what, when, where, why! " In other words, we are known for normally skipping the vivid details and emotion involved. Well, I have no intention of doing that here. If i do see myself zooming through a chapter, I will be certain to go back and paint a much better picture.

I am just happy that I am not running low on enthusiasm for this project. I think it's cause i am constantly listening to music as I write it...in case you all haven't noticed my affinity for it. I doubt a day has gone by in the past few years where I wasn't at one time or another listening to music...and I am not talking about when we all get in the car and have the radio on. I come home, and as soon as I am in the door, I am listening to various tracks from my pretty extensive collection. This past year I haven't been able to really add much to it cause all the money I have is my grant money, and I wanna make sure it get as much out of it as i can.

Anyways, off to continue hacking away at my keyboard...but wait a sec...wasn't I just doing that? hmm...





No comments:

Post a Comment