Monday, November 29, 2010

Chapter 8

Got through it. Was a little harder to do than I would have liked. took me several hours broken up over three days, but it's done. It's pretty decent, had some significant conflict in it along with a small hint of comedy. As was mentioned in a previous post, a dream I had helped me redirect some other ideas and helped this chapter along. Brought out some other characters that hadn't really been developed yet and got them some significant dialog. Also introduced to other characters that are in a similar situation to my main characters. They will play a role on what happens to the mains later on. The second lead character didn't appear much in this chapter after having dominated the last few. She is due back with a vengeance in this next chapter which will show a very different style that may actually get on my nerves to write. I like the idea of this style I am going to try, there is just a lot of editing and some limitations. Oh well, if I wish to grow as a writer, I know i have to eventually step out of my dialog filled comfort zone...actually this next chapter will be all dialog, just written in a weird style.





No comments:

Post a Comment