Sunday, November 14, 2010

Olivia

I am dreaming of this woman and it's driving me insane. Ok, maybe not, but it's peaking my curiosity. I am seeing her almost nightly now in my mind and while I do find her very appealing, I am still wondering why she is there so often. I am more than sure it's because I am listening to her music so often, daily in fact...but that still doesn't fully explain things. The dreams are sometimes different , but the theme remains the same. For the most part, we just talk. We can be walking or sitting on the floor, but we are always smiling and talking. She is a very sweet and pleasant person and I feel the need sometimes to just smile uncontrollably. We talk about random topics. Sometimes music or our lives, although I did most of the talking in that version of this recurring dream.

One very noticeable recurring theme is that I remember her voice. Her voice to me seems so distinctive. She seems to be speaking English and another language at times which answers a question i posed to myself. It's one thing to envision a person in your dream, but it's somewhat unusual for me to not only dream of an image, but also to "feel" their voice, allowing it to leave an imprint. Given that I know who this person is leads me to believe that in my dream the other language she is speaking is Japanese. I do not know very much Japanese so I am thinking either my mind is making it up as it goes along which is why I understand her or the fact that she switches between English and Japanese often enough for me to understand what she is saying.

All I know is that as I write now, namely chapters of my book, I am seeing her constantly and I have stamped her image on the character I have affectionately named "Anna" so that could be another reason. I figure this is actually a good thing as it's keeping my mind on my work and seeing her most nights makes me want to write the story faster.

It's a good thing. I am quite happy with what some people may see as a boring recurring dream where all I do is talk to this woman for what feels like hours. I am beyond content with that though, allowing the comfort of her presence to ease my mind. I have dreamed about her so much, I feel as if her smile will be emblazoned on my heart and mind for a very long time. Given my current confidence level despite my severe lack of friends, her presence is apparently serving as my muse.

Keep me writing, Olivia.

 

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="287" caption="Olivia Lufkin"][/caption]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment