Monday, January 10, 2011

A Stroke of Luck - Chapter 1

Editing has begun and I almost feel bad for my proofer as she has read the first 5 chapters and now may be asked to reread them. Hope she doesn't mind because chapter 1 is getting a makeover. I've given it a slightly different feel as I now know exact how my story should flow. I've also retitled the chapter "A Stroke of Luck" as you can tell. One recurrence within the book is its musical theme. I am not referring to it as a book based on music or a novel in which people constantly sing because that might get pretty boring. It will have some musical influences which just a few chapters will will make itself well known. In several instances, I am using chapter titles named after songs. I am planning on having an acknowledgments page listing all of the musical influences so that I may properly credit them all, although in most instances it shouldn't be necessary. I could probably site Fair Use, but I like to give credit where credit is do given that they have inspired me to write this story in the first place. While they will not receive any direct compensation from this work, I would still like to offer them a tip of the hat, and I am sure they wouldn't mind being mentioned being as it may assist their record sales.

Back to editing, I have a long day ahead of me.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment