Sunday, January 2, 2011

Recorded Butterflies

This chapter (26) is kicking my butt. I admit it, this is a little tough. It's the next to the last chapter of my novel and it's not at all easy to write. As I have been writing, I have been editing it because certain things have to be just perfect or the story loses it's direction. For awhile there I was just pouring words out and it was working well. I am already 32 pages into this chapter (I Knew it was going to be long) and I am trying to tie things up nice and neat, but I am having trouble determining where and when I want things to happen. It's a little more dialog heavy than I was expecting and I am looking to finish it off with minimal conversation between characters. I think I have got them in the position I need them to be in, now I just have to write my way to the climax which will be unseen and a complete surprise. I think i am just 2-4 pages from the end, but I have made a solemn promise to myself that I am not going to close it or walk away till I have it done. I generally don't like working with deadlines, but when it came to school, for some reason I did my best work when pressured with one. I am not sleeping till it's finished.





No comments:

Post a Comment