Sunday, December 19, 2010

Chapter 20

Had to do a lot of research for this one as I had the main character on a plane, getting a car and driving to a specific location. Researching the directions wasn't so bad, but I wanted to feature a specific place in San Francisco and sadly there aren't a lot of pictures available to really give me a point of reference. I wanted to be able to almost walk through the neighborhood so I could really paint the picture, but in keeping with my time table, I used what I could find and figured I was going to go back and revise anyway so I will go with what I have. The main character has literally walked through the door which will lead into the big huge amazing humongous chapter 21...which may actually not be very long content wise, but the impact I hope will make the book all I was hoping it would be. Chapter 22 will have a ton of dialog and i mean a TON as our protagonist has a lot of things explained to him that were never rightfully told to him earlier in the book. Chapter 23 will see the culmination of 22 and 24 will be...i still haven't decided. It's been a real heartbreaking experience trying to figure out how to end the book...I have a three really great ideas, but I am trying to balance a happy ending with a very tragic end. I am thinking a bittersweet ending, but in all honesty I really hate stories that end that way as the last chapter leaves you with a sense of ambiguity, like nothing was ever really settled and you walk away feeling like there was something left unsaid...i HATE that! Even a sad ending will leave you with answers to the biggest questions. Some people feel a happy ending isn't realistic enough, but believe me, my idea of a happy ending to a story isn't exactly what others may think. I don't write Disney stories so if it is a happy ending, it won't be "happily ever after".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment